New Delhi, PVR Cinemas, a leading cinema exhibition company in India, announced the upgrade of its IMAX theatres at PVR Phoenix, Mumbai and PVR Select City Walk, Delhi, featuring IMAX’s ground-breaking laser experience – IMAX® with Laser. The next-gen laser projection and sound technology makes a debut into the Indian market with PVR Cinemas today. IMAX with Laser delivers stunning images and powerful, immersive audio that creates an experience so real that audiences are transported to another world.
The IMAX with Laser experience is set apart by its next-generation 4K laser projection system which features a new optical engine and a suite of proprietary IMAX technologies that deliver increased resolution, sharper and brighter images, deeper contrast as well as the most distinct, exotic colors ever available on-screen.
Mr. Gautam Dutta, CEO, PVR Cinemas said “We are happy and proud to introduce one of the finest in-cinema technologies available in the world today, for our patrons in India. This also reiterates our focus on innovation and technological excellence. I believe being exhibitors we shoulder be an integral part of the experience which an audience takes back home.”
He further added, “We are starting from the metros and will move into smaller cities with IMAX with Laser to enable a larger set of audiences to experience the new technology. Audiences will love this unique experience at PVR IMAX theatres.”
PVR Phoenix and PVR Select City Walk now also features several additional new enhancements including the installation of IMAX’s 12-channel immersive sound, which adds new side and overhead channels delivering greater dynamic range and precision for the ultimate in-audio immersion, luxury plush rocker seating and redesigned entryways.
John Schreiner, Senior Vice President, Theatre Development, Russia, CIS, Middle East, and India, IMAX, said “PVR is our valued strategic partner and shares our passion for delivering the best premium entertainment. With the opening of the IMAX with Laser theatres at Mumbai and Delhi, we look forward to bringing India audiences the IMAX immersive cinema experience for today’s biggest blockbusters.”
With IMAX with Laser, guests at PVR Phoenix and PVR Select City Walk, can now experience:
- Sharpness: Incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
- Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
- Color: The widest range of colors available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper and richer colors in IMAX than ever before.
- Sound: Whether it’s a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX’s next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound that they don’t just hear, but feel.